Re: Announcing PostgreSQL RPM Buildfarm

От Ow Mun Heng
Тема Re: Announcing PostgreSQL RPM Buildfarm
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 21:54 -0800, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 13:34 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> > finally a ptop in RPM form.
>
> I packaged it last month, but did not announce it to public.:)

Hmm.. can I find it in the same location as the pgpool rpms?

> > Devrim, can you also package up pgpool-II-2.0.1? The .spec file you
> > have in the tarball is destined for beta1 of pgpool and your website's
> > rpm is till version 1.3
> >
> > I've hacked your .spec file a bit and gotten it installed, in anycase.
>
> Well, I pushed 2.0.1 to Fedora-9 (rawhide). I want to test it for a few
> days, and will build it Fedora 8 early next week. For other distros:
> Yes, it will be available in the yum repository soon.

I was building it for Centos 4. (You have no idea how screwed up it was
for me, tearing out my hair because I can't get it to work as advertised
and then I found out that the version I was using, 2.0.1(pulled from
rpmforge) was actually pgpool-I (and not pgpool-II) and it just so
happens to have the same version number.)

When I _did_ find out, it was a simple matter to get it to work.

I've already rolled the RPM into my production master for master/slave
load balancing. (feature complete for my purpose)

Сообщение: Re: Announcing PostgreSQL RPM Buildfarm
Сообщение: Re: Announcing PostgreSQL RPM Buildfarm