Re: PostgresSQL vs Ingress

От Ow Mun Heng
Тема Re: PostgresSQL vs Ingress
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 09:33 -0500, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 01:22:31PM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> > or a scapegoat. Please don't perpetuate this urban myth. No companies are
> > suing Oracle and Microsoft because of their products, and companies have
> > no expectation of doing so. It might be nice if they did, and some theorize
>
> Indeed, by using the product, companies have explicitly given up the right
> to sue over it.  This is the main point of the EULA of most products, and is
> one of the strangest things about the computer industry.  No other industry
> can get away with producing shoddy products that endanger others, and induce
> its users to give up the right to sue in case that shoddiness causes
> problems.

> But if you think you could sue Oracle Corp -- or even complain on a public
> list about how their software ate your data -- and win that fight, I think
> you need to have a long talk with your corporate counsel :)

Well, that was what I was led to believe in talking to some people and
to be truly honest, I've never read the EULA (not in its entirety nor
understanding its implications entirely either)

So, in that respect, I would say I was un-informed. And I take that
back.

In anycase, if all they want is someone to call, then by all means, it's
not a problem. But that's not what I hear/see or rather, not the item
which is steering much of the decision making.

anyway......