Re: [OT] Slony (initial) Replication - Slow

От Ow Mun Heng
Тема Re: [OT] Slony (initial) Replication - Slow
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 19:17 -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> > However during the startup of slony, I noticed that it issues a truncate
> > command to the (to be) replicated table. Hence, this means that there's
> > no such need for me to do a dump/restore in the 1st place.
> >
> This is correct.  You want an empty replication database.  When you
> start replication slony will bring the master and slave into sync.

Thanks to you and others who has responded for confirmation.
I would additionally like to know if there was any way for me to use the
dump/restore method and have slony pick up where it was left off?

BTW, it's working right now after some unsuccessful attempts.