Re: Triaging the remaining open commitfest items

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Triaging the remaining open commitfest items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 05:10:29PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The good news on this front is that Salesforce has recently taken an
>> interest in having GROUPING SETS capability, so I should be able to
>> find more time to work on this over the next month or two.  What I am
>> now hoping for is to work it over and have something ready to push as
>> soon as the 9.6 branch opens.

> So you claim the item on the commitfest in the Fall, which effectively
> prevents other committers from getting involved, then two days before
> the freeze you encourage others to work on it, and a day before the
> freeze you say it is too late to apply?  And now, all of a sudden, you
> are interested in working on this because your employer is interested?

[ shrug... ] Andrew had unilaterally removed me as committer from that
patch back in January or so, so it dropped way down my priority list.
I'm willing to move it back up now, but I could do without people
expressing a sense of entitlement to my time.  In any case, Andres is
currently the committer of record, and if he decides to push it in the
next 24 hours, I'm not doing anything more to stand in his way than
Robert already did.

> How do I measure the amount of unfairness here?

Life is unfair.