Re: Postgres will not compile on Mac 10.8 with contrib/uuid-ossp

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres will not compile on Mac 10.8 with contrib/uuid-ossp
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Steven Schlansker <steven@likeness.com> writes:
> It is not possible to compile Postgres contrib/uuid-ossp on the newest release of Mac OS X, 10.8

This looks like some variant of the same issue that OSSP's uuid
package has had on Macs all along, to wit an unreliable method for
avoiding conflicts with any OS-supplied uuid type.  Back when we
last looked at this,
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-11/msg00551.php
we concluded that what we had to do was not include <unistd.h>
ahead of uuid.h, and as far as I can tell we're still not doing that;
for me, contrib/uuid-ossp still builds fine on Lion with uuid 1.6.2.

So assuming you're using a stock copy of 1.6.2, that leaves <unistd.h>
as the only variable in the equation that could have changed.  It's
not obvious from here exactly how it changed, but in any case this
fight is ultimately between OSSP uuid and OS X; there's not a lot
Postgres can (or should) do to fix it.  It's a bit distressing that
OSSP doesn't seem to have made any new uuid releases since 2008,
but maybe if you prod them they'll do something about this.