Re: archiver ps display

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: archiver ps display
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> > Patch to set ps display for archiver enclosed, intended for 8.3
>
> I think this is a good idea.  However, experimentation here showed that
> at least on some machines (like HPUX), there's a pretty tight limit
> before ps cuts off the display, and the more verbose messages discussed
> on -hackers cause the last few digits of the filename to be cut off.

Yeh, there's some command to extend the display, but few people use it,
so we're better off with the shorter display, I think.

> Which makes the display just about entirely useless.  So I went with
> these messages:
>
> archiving %s
> last was %s
> failed on %s

Looks good to me. Thanks.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: archiver ps display
От: Dhanaraj M
Сообщение: Doc-patch: PAM authentication fails for local UNIX users