Re: Limited performance on multi core server

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Limited performance on multi core server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 07:38 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Matthew Lunnon wrote:
> > Ah I was afraid of that.  Maybe I'll have to come out of the dark ages.
>
> Yes :) but ignore the comment about the 8.3 Beta series. It is Beta for
> a reason, that means testing only, no production.

Matthew,

Some benchmark comparisons would be really useful though, so please
don't be dissuaded from looking at 8.3. It's planned to be released
after Christmas, so we're probably around 2 business weeks away from
release if you ignore the holiday period.

Everything you've said suggests you've hit the scalability limit of 7.4,
which had a buffer manager that got worse with larger settings, fixed in
8.0. Most of the scalability stuff has been added since then and 8.3
looks to be really fast, but we would still like some more performance
numbers.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Сообщение: Re: Heavy write activity on first vacuum of fresh TOAST data
Сообщение: Re: Heavy write activity on first vacuum of fresh TOAST data