Re: Cleaning up historical portability baggage

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cleaning up historical portability baggage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I wonder how much dead code for ancient operating systems we could now
> drop.

+1, it seems like this is the cycle for some housecleaning.

>   * prairiedog, macOS 10.4 (vintage system most likely to cause problems)

FWIW, I am expecting to retire prairiedog once the meson stuff drops.
macOS 10.4 is incapable of running ninja (for lack of <spawn.h>).
While I could keep it working for awhile with the autoconf build system,
I'm not sure I see the point.  The hardware is still chugging along,
but I think it'd be more useful to run up-to-date NetBSD or the like
on it.

Having said that, I'll be happy to try out this patch series on
that platform and see if it burps.