Re: BUG #3811: Getting multiple values from a sequence generator

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: BUG #3811: Getting multiple values from a sequence generator
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, 2007-12-09 at 09:24 +0000, Adriaan van Os wrote:

> Bug reference:      3811
> Logged by:          Adriaan van Os
> Email address:      postgres@microbizz.nl
> PostgreSQL version: 8.2.5
> Operating system:   Mac OS X 10.5
> Details:
>
> The following has been observed In Postgres 8.2.5
>
> 1. LOCK TABLE doesn't work on a sequence
> 2. nextval will happily ignore ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE of concurrent
> transactions
> 3. nextval doesn't have an optional "increase" parameter (the increase is
> always one).
>
> Therefore, there is no way (I know of) to prevent a concurrent nextval
> between a nextval and a setval call. Consequently, it is not possible to
> create an atomic operation that increases nextval by a value N > 1.
>
> I suggest an optional "increase" parameter to the nextval function. This can
> make a certain kind of bulk operation and bulk import much more efficient.

ALTER SEQUENCE blah INCREMENT BY val;

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

От: Martin Pitt
Сообщение: Re: BUG #3809: SSL "unsafe" private key permissions bug
От: Michael Glaesemann
Сообщение: Re: BUG #3811: Getting multiple values from a sequence generator