Re: [pgsql-www] Republic of Ireland Press Contact

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] Republic of Ireland Press Contact
Дата
Re: [pgsql-www] Republic of Ireland Press Contact
Re: Republic of Ireland Press Contact
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 13:26 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Simon,
>
> > Why was the current press contact for Ireland not notified of a
> > volunteer?
>
> Because he just volunteered, and hasn't yet confirmed that he wants to be a
> Regional contact now that he knows what it entails.  When I have the round up
> I'll propose *all* the new names to -advocacy.
>
> You might have noticed that we put in an appeal for regional contacts into the
> PostgreSQL Weekly News?

I did notice that, but didn't pick up the detail that you had asked
people to contact you directly rather than posting to -advocacy. It
appeared to me that few candidates had come forward.

I'm not clear why you're saying we should have discussed this on
-advocacy when you aren't doing that yourself. I guess I'm also not
clear how you had a volunteer for a post that wasn't actually open until
I offered it up on pgsql-eu-general. If Alex knew about that, why didn't
he speak at that point rather than going to you privately? If not, why
didn't you contact me to ask if I minded giving up ROI? So yes, I agree
we should all discuss things on public lists before they are decided.

Anyway, I've done everything openly and transparently and just trying to
help get more advocates on board, nothing else. If you feel I've done
something inappropriate then I'm sorry.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] Republic of Ireland Press Contact
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] Republic of Ireland Press Contact