Re: TB-sized databases

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: TB-sized databases
Дата
Re: TB-sized databases  (david@lang.hm)
Re: TB-sized databases  (Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com>)
Re: TB-sized databases  (Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>)
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 14:48 +0100, Csaba Nagy wrote:

> In fact an even more useful option would be to ask the planner to throw
> error if the expected cost exceeds a certain threshold...

Well, I've suggested it before:

statement_cost_limit on pgsql-hackers, 1 March 2006

Would people like me to re-write and resubmit this patch for 8.4?

Tom's previous concerns were along the lines of "How would know what to
set it to?", given that the planner costs are mostly arbitrary numbers.

Any bright ideas, or is it we want it and we don't care about the
possible difficulties?

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com