Re: upgrading postgresql from 7.2 to 7.3, getting error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: upgrading postgresql from 7.2 to 7.3, getting error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adam Williams <awilliam@mdah.state.ms.us> writes:
> Hi, as my title states I'm trying to upgrade from 7.2 to 7.3 on redhat
> linux 9.  I've been following the documentation instructions on the
> website but ran into problems.  I searched on google but could not find
> my answer.  On postgresql as user postgres I ran the command pg_dumpall
>>> sroom1 and then after installing 7.3 I ran psql template1 < sroom1
> but when I run that after a bunch of grants, revokes, etc, it prints the
> error:

> \connect: FATAL 1: IDENT authentication failed for user "jtate"

Your best bet is to switch the authentication mode to "trust" for long
enough to load the dump file.  7.2's pg_dump tends to use
"\connect - otheruser" to switch object ownership, and this will not
work when you are using IDENT authorization.