Re: master check fails on Windows Server 2008

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: master check fails on Windows Server 2008
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Marina Polyakova <m.polyakova@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> On 20-02-2018 3:37, Tom Lane wrote:
>> 4. Try to tweak the stats_ext.sql test conditions in some more refined
>> way to get the test to pass everywhere.  This'd be a lot of work with
>> no guarantee of success, so I'm not too excited about it.

> Thank you for your explanations! I'll try to do something in this
> direction..

OK.  The least painful fix might be to establish a different work_mem
setting just for that one query.

However, if you're intent on putting work into continued support of
--disable-float8-byval, I would *strongly* suggest setting up a buildfarm
member that runs that way, because otherwise we're pretty much guaranteed
to break it again.  I continue to wonder if it's not better to just remove
the option and thereby simplify our lives.  What's the actual value of
having it anymore?