Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4

От Germán Poó-Caamaño
Тема Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 14:32 +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 02:39:43PM -0700, David Fetter wrote:
> > The one below is already available, so we don't have to do a "flag
> > day" with it.
> >
> > http://repo.or.cz/w/PostgreSQL.git
>
> As someone who hasn't used GIT: if I have a modified CVS tree from some time
> back (>1 year) can I use this to manage the bitrot? Just doing a CVS
> update will probably just mark everything conflicted, so I'm wondering
> is GIT can do it better.

The way you can work could be (it's the same if you are using
git/hg/bzr):

* Have a copy (clone) of the main repo, which is a pristine copy of CVS. call it 'master'.
* Clone or create a branch from the 'master'.  This is the working copy.

Master can be updated regularly.  And also, you can merge the changes
in your branch or even, only look the changes without touching
anything.

What can be merge automatically, it will.  Otherwise, a external
tool is called (such as meld or whatever you use).

Evenmore, you can try merging with previous cvs' commits to avoid
the pain.

--
Germán Poó Caamaño
Concepción - Chile

Сообщение: Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4
Сообщение: Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4