Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4

От Germán Poó-Caamaño
Тема Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 08:33 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> David Fetter wrote:
>
> > I'm not picking a DSCM.  I'm saying we already have tools in place for
> > a DSCM *without* having a "flag day."  If Mercurial has a similar
> > migration/legacy support path, then by all means, let's try that out,
> > too. :)
>
> There's at least on Mercurial repo, here:
>
> http://www.ubiobio.cl/~gpoo/pgsql/pgsql/
>
> I'm not sure how often it syncs.

Once an hour.

In short, the way it works is:
* Having a CVS copy through rsync.
* Any CVS change is added incrementally.  You can stop the process and the next time will continue from that point.

> For those of you outside Chile my bet is that it will be a bit slow ...

Through Internet2 should less slower than Internet, but I guess still
slow.

But it will be slow the first time you check out the repository.
Next time you only will get differences, and Mercurial is network
friendly, AFAIU.

--
Germán Poó Caamaño
Concepción - Chile

Сообщение: Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4
Сообщение: Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4