Re: 7.2beta3 on Digital Alpha

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.2beta3 on Digital Alpha
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Jim Buttafuoco" <jim@buttafuoco.net> writes:
> my error,  the workstation I was compiling on had max_proc_per_user set
> to 64.

Ah-hah.  We probably ought to document that as a possible source of
failure in the parallel regression tests.  I think the present script
will start as many as 20 parallel tests, which means 60 parallel
processes under your userid (a backend, a psql, and probably an owning
shell process for each psql).  Add in the postmaster, your own shell,
a couple random make subprocesses, and you got trouble.

> Changed to 1024 and now just float8 and random fail.  It looks
> like these errors are ok

You should find that random fails only, um, randomly.  If it fails
every time then there's a problem.