Re: Performance problems with prepared statements

От Theo Kramer
Тема Re: Performance problems with prepared statements
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 15:55 -0400, Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> On 10/10/07, Theo Kramer <theo@flame.co.za> wrote:
> > When running the query directly from psql it returns the required rows
> > in less than 100 milli-seconds.
> >
> > However, when using a prepared statement from my C application on the
> > above query and executing it the query duration is as follows
> > Row[s] = 25, Duration = 435409.474 ms
> >

> How are you timing it?  Does it really take 435 seconds to complete?

Fraid so - and I am running postgresql on a separate machine from the
client machine - with the load going way up on the postgresql machine
and the client machine remains idle until the query returns.

Also the postgresql has only the one prepared statement executing during
my tests.

> Try the following in psql:

Did that - see my previous email.
--