Re: quote_literal with NULL

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: quote_literal with NULL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 10:12 -0500, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> <37ed240d0710100257r149a8d2cmb671b69a1673eb54@mail.gmail.com>, "Brendan Jurd"
> <direvus@gmail.com> wrote:

> > 'NULL'?
> >>
> >> I don't think you can change that now. There could be code out there
> >> that relies on that behaviour.
> >>

> > Bummer.  But I take your point.  If there's a good chance someone is
> > going to have their application murdered by a change here, best to
> > leave it alone.
>
> In particular, it seems like exactly what you would want for values
> you're going to use in an INSERT or the SET clause of an UPDATE.

Perhaps have quote_nullable() then as well?

You then use quote_nullable() in INSERT and UPDATE SET clauses and
quote_literal() in SELECT WHERE clauses.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Added the Skytools extended transaction ID module to contrib as