Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 10:29 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:

> > Mostly we do, but since we've just spent more than 6 months between
> > Feature Freeze and Beta. There were no well understood or transparent
> > processes during that period, so nobody is on solid ground trying to
> > enforce a small number of rules with a single individual. Especially
> > when discussing what might be argued was a major item in 8.3
>
> What?  Even Jan agrees he didn't follow the procedures.  I have no idea
> how you are coming to the conclusion there are no well understood
> processes.

Results look good to me, so I'm not lodging a complaint, just explaining
my position.

The main rule is discuss-it-first-on-Hackers and if Jan didn't follow
that then he is wrong. But since he nearly got it right by discussing it
with some people, nothing bad happened and the outcome is worth having I
don't see why we would want to pick Jan up for anything, or back-out
those changes.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com