Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 11:50 +0300, Marko Kreen wrote:
> On 10/10/07, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> > IMO, the patch is reverted, and submitted for 8.4 or pgfoundry.
>
> Yes, reverting is an option

Reverting is only an option if we need to solve a technical problem. If
there is no problem then why would we revert it? The only argument I've
seen for reverting the patch is that it broke a process.

It's hard enough for Developers to get code in without a team of
Anti-Developers trying to take it back out again. Perhaps we should have
an anti-credits section in the release notes to allow all those who've
managed to get work removed get full credit for their anti-efforts. :-)

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com