Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 00:19 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:

> >> My understanding (not being a member :-) ) is that Core is an
> >> administrative group, not a group of committers. Some members of Core
> >> are committers, some not, some committers are in Core, some not.
> >
> > By observation, all committers are not equal. If they are equal then we
> > must censure others also, as well as Jan, but I see no need personally.
> > If they are not equal, then Jan deserves extra leeway, IMHO. Either way,
> > we should not focus just upon Jan, especially when so many will thank
> > him for his actions.
>
> Correct, we certainly shouldn't focus on any one person. We should focus
> upon our own policies - were they broken or not. And if they weren't, it
> seems that the majority of people want those policies changed (for next
> time). If they were, what do we do about it?

Well for me: Nothing broke, so we needn't discuss policy at all.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Сообщение: Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review