Re: Request: set opclass for generated unique and primary key indexes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Request: set opclass for generated unique and primary key indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@hotmail.com> writes:
> There isn't possibility change opclass for generated UNIQUE indexes.

Why would you need it?

>   USING INDEX [TABLESPACE ..] [OPCLASS ..]

This is unworkable --- consider a table with more than one unique
constraint and/or multiple-column constraints.

I seem to recall someone proposing extending the syntax of the UNIQUE
constraints themselves, but there really isn't enough use-case to
justify it AFAICS.  Especially not when you can always use CREATE UNIQUE