Re: UUID v7

От Sergey Prokhorenko
Тема Re: UUID v7
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I think that for the sake of such an epoch-making thing as UUIDv7 it would be worth slightly unfreezing this feature freeze.

Best regards,

Sergey Prokhorenko
sergeyprokhorenko@yahoo.com.au

On Saturday, 13 April 2024 at 09:58:29 am GMT+3, Andrey M. Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

> On 12 Mar 2024, at 20:41, Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres@jeltef.nl> wrote:
>
> if e.g.
> the RFC got approved 2 weeks after Postgres its feature freeze

Jelte, you seem to be the visionary! I would consider participating in lotteries or betting.
New UUID is assigned RFC number 9562, it was aproved by RFC editors and is now in AUTH48 state. This means after final approval by authors RFC will be imminently publicised. Most probably, this will happen circa 2 weeks after feature freeze :)

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

[0]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/auth48/rfc9562