Re: [HACKERS] Re: Call for port testing on fmgr changes -- Results!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Call for port testing on fmgr changes -- Results!
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: Call for port testing on fmgr changes -- Results!  (Peter Eisentraut <e99re41@DoCS.UU.SE>)
Linux/Alpha Regression Test Patch (Was Re: Call for port testing on fmgr changes -- Results! )  (Ryan Kirkpatrick <pgsql@rkirkpat.net>)
Список pgsql-ports
Ryan Kirkpatrick <pgsql@rkirkpat.net> writes:
>     Ok, the above patch does indeed solve the problem. And this
> appears to be the only place AbsoluteTime needs to be copied to a time_t
> variable. I can't find any other casts of AbsoluteTime to time_t,

Great!

> and
> with this patch applied all regression tests pass just fine (save for
> geometry of course with its standard off by one in nth decimal place
> difference).

Probably we should write that off as a platform issue and create an
Alpha-specific expected-output file for geometry.  See the documentation
about platform-specific files, and please send along a patch to add one.

>     Additionally, I do not see how this patch could break other
> platforms. At worst, it is a minor slow down that might even be optimized
> out by some compiliers when they see that sizeof(AbsoluteTime) ==
> sizeof(time_t). I will defer to the core developers on how you want to
> apply this patch to the source tree (i.e. with #ifdef alpha && linux or as
> above).

No, we should just apply it as is, no #ifdef.  There are going to be
more and more platforms with 64-bit time_t.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Call for port testing on fmgr changes -- Results!
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Call for port testing on fmgr changes --Results!