Re: too many variants of relation_open

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: too many variants of relation_open
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 10:02 +0100, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Well, yes it could, but why? Keeping them separate looks slightly more
> readable to me, and the change could break a lot of external modules for
> no good reason.

I agree: it also complicates the common case (calling relation_open()
and waiting to acquire for a lock).

If anything, you could perhaps refactor relation_open_nowait() to be
implemented in terms of relation_open() (first try to get the lock, then
do a relation_open(rel, NoLock)), but since you'd only be saving a
handful of duplicated lines, it hardly seems worth it.

-Neil