Please change default characterset for database cluster

От CN
Тема Please change default characterset for database cluster
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!
"initdb" use SQL_ASCII as the default characterset encoding when it is
not given option "-E" and when it can not correctly derive one from
locale. I suggest "initdb" use UNICODE instead of SQL_ASCII because
UNICODE is far more useful than SQL_ASCII.

Not all webmasters are willing to spend time reading "initdb"
documentation. I have encountered a free web hosting providing
PhpPgAdmin through which I can create my databases. Problem is that all
newly created databases use SQL_ASCII which is completely useless to me.
Their PhpPgAdmin script does not support "-E" switch for "createdb". As
a result, I have to abandon that service all together. Was "initdb"
using UNICODE as the default characterset, everthing would be perfect.

Regards,

CN

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different�