Re: Format interval as hours/minutes etc

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Format interval as hours/minutes etc
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 02:15 +0930, Shane Ambler wrote:
> I get the idea you want the interval to be expressed as 2,765 days and
> 23 hours or 66,383 hours, which I think would be useful (more so for
> shorter intervals).
>
> I am thinking the exact function you are after isn't there - from what I
> can find a larger interval is always given as x years y months z days...
> which is why extracting the epoch is the easiest point to start your calcs.
>
> Maybe this can be a feature request - functions to give an interval in
> total number of days/hours/minutes instead of years months days

Doesn't the SQL standard allow one to define intervals as YEAR TO MONTH,
DAY TO HOUR, HOUR TO SECOND and so on?  This sets both the greatest unit
to report and the resolution. (YEAR/MONTH cannot be mixed with other
types because of the uncertainty of month lengths.)

Is there any plan to support that?

======================================== Do you want to know God?   http://www.lfix.co.uk/knowing_god.html

believed to be clean.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: