Re: pg_standby observation

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: pg_standby observation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 09:25 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> Well, the definition of it working correctly is that a "restored log
> file..." message occurs. Even with archive_timeout set there could be
> various delays before that happens. We have two servers and a network
> involved, so the time might spike occasionally.

The problem is, a "restored log file message" might appear in a
different language or with a different prefix, depending on the
settings. That makes it hard to come up with a general solution, so
everyone has to use their own scripts that work with their logging
configuration.

In my particular case, I want to know if those logs aren't being
replayed, regardless of whether it's a network problem or a postgres
problem.

It would be nice if there was a more standardized way to see when
postgres replays a log successfully.

> Touching a file doesn't really prove its working either.

Right. It's the best I have now, however, and should detect "most" error
conditions.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis