Re: dblink vs dbi-link (and errors compiling)

От Ow Mun Heng
Тема Re: dblink vs dbi-link (and errors compiling)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 00:17 -0500, Erik Jones wrote:
> On Sep 6, 2007, at 10:54 PM, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
>
> > In either of the above, I would like to know which one is able to help
> > me to like connect to a remote DB, use the table there and join to a
> > local table in PG so that I don't have to use DBI to pull and insert
> > those data into the local PG database.
>
> Neither.  To the best of my knowledge, there isn't anything that will
> allow you to to do that.  Select the data you need from the remote
> source into a temp table and join against that if you don't want to
> keep the data locally after you've used it.

Ah.. Too bad.. There goes my "easy peasy life" out the window. But in
any case, good to know.. dbi-link would be what I would want to try out.

> > BTW, dblink doesn't compile. (8.2.4)
> >
> > dblink.c:56:28: error: utils/fmgroids.h: No such file or directory
> > dblink.c: In function 'get_pkey_attnames':

> In the src/contrib/dblink/ directory of the source tree you built
> postgres from just do
>
> make
> make install

Did that.. ended up with above error. the tablefunc compile went through
though. BTW, this is gentoo and though I compiled it from source, the
compiled tarballs are deleted.

I did a configure in the PG source main dir and then proceeded to do a
make in the contrib/dblink directory with above errors.

Anyhow.. dbi-link is what I'll play with.

Thanks..

Сообщение: Re: an other provokative question??
Сообщение: Re: an other provokative question??