dblink vs dbi-link (and errors compiling)

От Ow Mun Heng
Тема dblink vs dbi-link (and errors compiling)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm confused as to the difference between dblink and dbi-link.

dblink is included in the contrib directory and dbi-link is available
from pgfoundry.

dblink seems like it creates a view of a remote DB and is static, which
means that it needs to be refreshed each time.

dbi-link seems  like it uses perl's dbi to connect to a remote db.

In either of the above, I would like to know which one is able to help
me to like connect to a remote DB, use the table there and join to a
local table in PG so that I don't have to use DBI to pull and insert
those data into the local PG database.

BTW, dblink doesn't compile. (8.2.4)

gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing -fpic
-I../../src/interfaces/libpq -I. -I../../src/include -D_GNU_SOURCE   -c
-o dblink.o dblink.c
dblink.c:56:28: error: utils/fmgroids.h: No such file or directory
dblink.c: In function 'get_pkey_attnames':
dblink.c:1684: error: 'F_OIDEQ' undeclared (first use in this function)
dblink.c:1684: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
dblink.c:1684: error: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [dblink.o] Error 1