Re: Max File size per Table (1G limit??)

От Ow Mun Heng
Тема Re: Max File size per Table (1G limit??)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@wdc.com> writes:
> > I just browsed to my $PGDATA location and noticed that there are some
> > tables which has ending of .1
>
> TFM has some useful background knowledge for that sort of thing:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/storage.html

Thanks for the pointers. I now understand it a _bit_ better.

BTW, besides the reason for compatibility for filesystems, does this
give the ability for PG to only read through the file which has the data
instead of transversing from main to .1 to .2 etc??

Stupid question maybe..