Re: Symlinking (specific) tables to different Drives

От Ow Mun Heng
Тема Re: Symlinking (specific) tables to different Drives
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 07:49 +0300, Mikko Partio wrote:

> No (changing tablespaces does not change your logical schema).

I just tested this "feature" with a temp table and it works as
advertised. (In progress of moving a table there now actually)

2nd question.. reading the docs, it says that moving a table doesn't
imply that the corresponding table's indexes are also moved to a that
same tablespace. eg: dbspace2

alter table foo set tablespace dbspace2;

how do I move the indexes to that space space?
I tried using pgadmin3 (1.4.3) but the option to move the index to
another tablespace is greyed out.

hmm.. forget the question.. seems like this works.. so I'm posting it to
be archived in the list.

alter table idx_foo_value set tablespace dbspace2

works.

This is missing in the docs (afaict)