Re: Performance on 8CPU's and 32GB of RAM

От Adam Tauno Williams
Тема Re: Performance on 8CPU's and 32GB of RAM
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 14:36 -0500, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On 9/5/07, Trevor Talbot <quension@gmail.com> wrote:

I haven't had a corrupt NTFS filesystem is ages; even with hardware
failures.  If NTFS was inherently unstable there wouldn't be hundreds of
thousands of large M$-SQL and Exchange instances.

> And there's the issue that with windows / NTFS that when one process
> opens a file for read, it locks it for all other users.

This isn't true;  the mode of a file open is up to the application.
Possibly lots of Windows applications are stupid or sloppy in how they
manage files but that isn't a flaw in NTFS.

--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com