Re: [HACKERS] Query cancel and OOB data

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Query cancel and OOB data
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
ocie@paracel.com writes:
> If we want to create a shared secret between the
> postmaster and the client, we should think about the Diffe-Helman
> [ discrete logarithm ] algorithm.

I used Diffie-Hellman for that purpose years ago, and perhaps could
still dig up the code for it.  But I thought discrete logarithm had been
broken since then, or at least shown to be far less intractable than
people thought.  In any case, D-H is pretty slow --- are we prepared to
add seconds to the backend startup time in the name of security?