Re: make depend (Re: Coming attractions: VPATH build; make variables issue)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: make depend (Re: Coming attractions: VPATH build; make variables issue)
Дата
Re: make depend (Re: Coming attractions: VPATH build; make variables issue)  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> What we could do is ship the dependencies (.deps/*.P) in the tarball.
> That would require running an entire build before making a tarball, but it
> would be a nice service to users.

Hm.  It might be handy for people not using gcc, since they'd have no
easy way to build dependencies for themselves.  Do you have an idea
how much it'd bloat the tarball to do that?