Re: Commit docbook2man?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Commit docbook2man?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> Since we're slowly nearing a release, I'm already starting to hack around
> the docbook2man stuff again.  To produce acceptable results several
> patches are required against the upstream release, and I'd like to have
> those recorded somewhere, i.e., our CVS rep.  That way we can get a few
> more people testing the man pages before release.

> Should I import the original first and then commit the patches afterwards,
> or should I import the patches as separate files, or is anyone keen about
> vendor branches?

How big is docbook2man?  I'm unenthused about adding a large chunk of
code to our distribution that's just a copy of someone else's
distribution.

If it's only a few K of source then replicating it in our distro might
make sense ... else I'd vote for just putting the required patch diffs
into a README or some such file.