Re: CLOG Patch

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: CLOG Patch
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 16:09 -0400, Jignesh K. Shah wrote:

> This patch seems to work well (both with 32 and 64 value but not with 16
> and the default 8).

Could you test at 24 please also? Tom has pointed out the additional
cost of setting this higher, even in workloads that don't benefit from
the I/O-induced contention reduction.

> Is there a way we can integrate this in 8.3?

I just replied to Josh's thread on -hackers about this.

> This will improve out of box performance quite a bit for high number of
> users (atleat 30% in my OLTP test)

Yes, thats good. Will this have a dramatic effect on a particular
benchmark, or for what reason might we need this? Tom has questioned the
use case here, so I think it would be good to explain a little more for
everyone. Thanks.

--
  Simon Riggs
  EnterpriseDB  http://www.enterprisedb.com