problem urgent - please help

От vbhatia@ksu.edu
Тема problem urgent - please help
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

I have just registered to the postgresql jdbc lidt and wanted to post a
problem of mine which is very urgent to solve, so please help me out.

I have written a Java application that reads the data from a postgresql
database and retrieves a particular field, performs some actions on
that field and finally store the calculated data in some other
table.The postgresql database, however is changing continuously , since
new data is being added every minute. My problem is that I want to
write some trigger in my java application that would be invoked as soon
as there is a change in the database and perform the above actions for
that newly added row.

Is this even possible using a Java application, if yes please guide me
how to do this, if no , what can be another way to read the data
dynamically from a database through a Java application.

Please help me as I am in midst of a project and have been digging into
this for quite long without any productive results.

Regards,
Vishal Bhatia