Re: debugging the server[ module causes server cash]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: debugging the server[ module causes server cash]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dave Potts <dave.potts@pinan.co.uk> writes:
> I have just inherited a private C module that lives in the context of
> the server with little or no documentation.

> It crashes taking the database down,  is there any advice on how to
> debug this type of beast ?

It isn't a lot different from debugging code that's part of the core
server.  You might start with the advice here:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Linux/BSD
(there's a neighboring page for Windows, too)

Сообщение: Re: Why this regexp matches?!
Сообщение: Re: Why this regexp matches?!