Re: [HACKERS] pgbench: Skipping the creating primary keys after initialization

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pgbench: Skipping the creating primary keys after initialization
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 11:50 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Well, I'm imagining that "-i" would essentially become a short form
>> of "-b initialize", as already happened for -S and -N, where the script
>> looks something like ...

> I imagine that would be useful for some use cases, but it's a heck of
> a lot more work than just writing --no-indexes-please.

Of course.  It's also a heck of a lot more flexible.  Adding on another
ad-hoc option that does the minimum possible amount of work needed to
address one specific problem is always going to be less work; but after
we repeat that process five or ten times, we're going to have a mess.