Issues with PL/PGSQL function..

От Chris Bowlby
Тема Issues with PL/PGSQL function..
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi All,

 Running into a small issue with a PL/PGSQL function under PostgreSQL
8.0.11...

epassembly=# select version();
                                           version
 PostgreSQL 8.0.11 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc
(GCC) 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux)
(1 row)

The issue is most likely related to a "Drop table" call I have at the
end of the stored procedure, the relevant chunks of the code are (I
apologize in advance for culling as much as I have from the query's, but
I am unable to release those details):

BEGIN
 SELECT INTO ttl ''40''::integer AS id_days_ttl;

 CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE tmp1 AS SELECT ...;

 CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE tmp2 AS SELECT * FROM tmp1 ...;

 CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE tmp3 AS SELECT * FROM ... WHERE ... IN
(SELECT ... FROM tmp2);

 DROP TABLE tmp3;
 DROP TABLE tmp2;
 DROP TABLE tmp1;
END

The function runs the first time with out issue, but (and again I think
it's cause of the implicit drops in the function), I get this error on
any subsequent runs:

NOTICE:  Creating TEMPORARY table tmp1...
NOTICE:  Creating TEMPORARY table tmp2...
ERROR:  relation with OID 38699 does not exist

 I believe it's telling me that it can not find the OID of tmp1, but I
am unsure if it is looking for the first run value or the value of the
second run for that particular table...

 Does anyone have any additional suggestions that I can use to track
down more details of what is actually causing the issue?