Re: massive quotes?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: massive quotes?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> writes:
> But we're not talking about psql only (and \beginlit and \endlit are
> quite ugly sql keywords), and this should be a backend thing only

I disagree with both of those assertions.  psql is the issue because
other clients used for administrative work (pgAdmin etc) already have
their own solutions to function body editing.  A COPY-based design isn't
going to make life better for them.  Since psql is the issue, a backend
hack isn't the answer.

I'll agree that I've not seen a really pleasing idea for the psql
backslash command names, but I'm open to suggestions... and surely
an invented SQL keyword is not any prettier than an invented psql
backslash command.

> (I hope you won't suggest that pgAdmin3 should be a frontend for psql :-)

No, I didn't suggest that.