Re: postmaster going down own its on

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postmaster going down own its on
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 03:03:09PM +0100, Richard Huxton wrote:
>> What would be sending SIGTERM to a backend?

> The only other thing I've ever heard of is some systems do a sigterm
> when you pass a quota limit?

Could be.  The actual standard use of SIGTERM is to kill processes
belonging to your terminal process group when you log out.  So, for
example, manually starting the postmaster from a terminal window and
then closing that window could cause this to happen.

I suppose the OP is bright enough to have noticed the connection between
closing the window and losing the postmaster, so it's probably not quite
that simple, but anyway something like this is what to look for.