Re: Insert from CSV (comma separated values) file

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Insert from CSV (comma separated values) file
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"Brian Johnson" <bjohnson@jecinc.on.ca> writes:
> I need to insert some values from a CSV file.  It's a little more
> complicated than that since I have to do a SELECT query (from one
> table) on one of the values to get the proper value for the INSERT
> query (into another table)

Doesn't seem that hard.  Insert the raw data into a temp table using
a command along the lines of
    COPY TO temp_table ... WITH DELIMITER ','
and then construct the final result rows with something like
    INSERT INTO dest_table
       SELECT ..., (SELECT ... FROM other_table), ... FROM temp_table

If that's not enough to get you going, let's see more details.