Re: warnings for invalid function casts

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: warnings for invalid function casts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Do people prefer a typedef or just writing it out, like it's done in the
> Python code?

I'm for a typedef.  There is *nothing* readable about "(void (*) (void))",
and the fact that it's theoretically incorrect for the purpose doesn't
exactly aid intelligibility either.  With a typedef, not only are
the uses more readable but there's a place to put a comment explaining
that this is notionally wrong but it's what gcc specifies to use
to suppress thus-and-such warnings.

> But if we prefer a typedef then I'd propose
> GenericFuncPtr like in the initial patch.

That name is OK by me.