Re: tsearch in core patch

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: tsearch in core patch
Дата
Re: tsearch in core patch  (Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Ühel kenal päeval, N, 2007-06-21 kell 21:44, kirjutas Teodor Sigaev:
> http://www.sigaev.ru/misc/tsearch_core-0.52.gz
>
> Plan was:
>
> 1) rename FULLTEXT to TEXT SEARCH in SQL command
> done
>
> 2) rework Snowball stemmer's as Tom suggested
> done
>
> 3) ALTER FULLTEXT CONFIGURATION cfgname ADD/ALTER/DROP MAPPING
> done

Why not rename ALTER FULLTEXT CONFIGURATION --> ALTER TEXT SEARCH
CONFIGURATION here too ?

> 4) remove support of default configuration per scheme. Default configuration
>     will be only one per locale.
> done
>
> 5) single encoded files. That will touch snowball, ispell, synonym, thesaurus
>     and simple dictionaries
> done
>
> 6) use encoding names instead of locale's names in configuration
> Ugh. I missed that knowledge of encoding doesn't allow to determine exact
> language

most languages can be written using UNICODE charset and UTF-8 encoding,
so neither charset not encoding can be used to determine language.

>  --- how do many languages use ISO8859-1 locale?.

ISO8859-1 is encoding, not locale.