Re: Should array_length() Return NULL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Should array_length() Return NULL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@justatheory.com> writes:
> Oh. Is there a way to declare an empty 1-dimension array?

Doesn't look like it:

regression=# select '[1:0]={}'::text[];
ERROR:  upper bound cannot be less than lower bound
LINE 1: select '[1:0]={}'::text[];              ^

Possibly we should allow that, but just as with the other point, it
would require some thought and investigation to make sure we weren't
creating more problems than we solved.