Re: referential integrity violation - key referenced from

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: referential integrity violation - key referenced from
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Luiz Henrique" <luizhwk@gmail.com> writes:
> On 8/21/06, Jim Nasby <jnasby@pervasive.com> wrote:
>> What version are you using? In recent versions, indexes are supposed
>> to be safe from corruption, even through crashes.

> It's Postgresql 7.2.1, installed with stable version of Debian Woody, at the
> time.

7.2.1 is ancient and has a very long list of known bugs.  We officially
abandoned support for the 7.2.* branch more than a year ago, upon
finding some bugs that were simply not practical to fix in that branch.

If you must keep using 7.2.*, at least get yourself onto 7.2.8, the last
of that series.  But you'd be doing yourself a real favor by expending
a little more effort and moving to a current release series ---
preferably 8.1.*.