Re: [HACKERS] update_pg_pwd

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] update_pg_pwd
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck) writes:
>     One last point though. The comment says it's using lower case
>     name now to be callable from SQL, what it  isn't  because  of
>     it's Opaque return type in pg_proc.

>         pgsql=> select update_pg_pwd();
>         ERROR:  typeidTypeRelid: Invalid type - oid = 0

>     Is  that  a  wanted  (needed)  capability  or should I better
>     change the comment to reflect it's real nature?

What would you expect the SELECT to produce here?  I think the error
message is pretty poor, but I can't really see OPAQUE functions being
allowed in expression contexts...

I don't really like the description of these functions as returning
something "OPAQUE", anyway, particularly when that is already being
(mis) used for user-defined type input/output functions.  I wish
they were declared as returning something like "TUPLE".