Re: [RFC] GSoC Work on readonly queries done so far

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [RFC] GSoC Work on readonly queries done so far
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 12:17 -0400, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> Florian G. Pflug wrote:
> > Work done so far:
> > -----------------
> >  .) Don't start autovacuum and bgwriter.
>
> Do table stats used by the planner get replicated on a PITR slave?  I
> assume so, but if not, you would need autovac to do analyzes.

The replication is an exact block-level replication of the master. We
can't write very much at all on the slave.

So if a query runs slow because of lack of stats you'd need to run
ANALYZE on the master, which would then propagate the stats to the slave
which could then use them.

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Implicit casts with generic arrays
Сообщение: Re: Implicit casts with generic arrays